- tight capacity
- high freight rates
- headache for the retail and logistics industry
Why is peak shipping season 2019 so important?
The main reason for the busy period that starts every summer is the demand for products. Respectively, high demand is caused by the dangerously close holiday season. Starting in the early fall with the ‘back-to-school’ season, and lasting through Black Friday, the holiday shopping season is much closer for retailers than for buyers. Before the craziness begins, each company wants its products ready for the shelf as early as possible.
There are many different ways companies can prepare for the peak season to ensure that all shipping runs smoothly.
Ship EarlyIf your business is preparing for popular shopping days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it is important to ship items early to account for possible delays. Due to the high volume of shipments, there is the possibility of shipment delays in congested ports, docks and warehouses. Shipping as early as possible gives businesses enough time to ensure goods will arrive in a timely manner.
Consider All Shipping OptionsCertain shipping options best fit different companies shipping needs. Small business, for example, can utilize less-than-truckload (LTL) shipping for their shipments to help ensure on-time delivery while helping lower shipping costs. Bigger companies with larger shipping volumes can consider different shipping modes, like intermodal, to help handle their shipments before the holiday season.
- Air: Book 6-7 days in advance of the Cargo Ready Date (CRD).
- Ocean FCL: Book 3-4 weeks in advance of the CRD.
- LCL: Note that transit time for LCL shipments will be 7-10 days longer than an FCL shipment.
- Avoid shipping 45’ HC containers, if possible — these are more likely to be rolled.
- Ports and warehouses will be extremely congested — expect more time to load/unload at origin and destination.
Partnering With a 3PL – Third Party Logistics CompanyFinding a trusted partner who understands peak season importing and your business intimately as well as deliver creative solutions to your retail problems is just the first step. A 3PL solution is an essential pillar of peak season planning. A logistics partner who can harness their network to manage your stock at origin and process it to store level to ensure deliveries at destination run like clockwork is key to optimizing operations for your peak retail period.
The Junction LLCAs a leader in the transportation industry, we demand excellence from our entire team. Our team at The Junction LLC strives to deliver the best possible customer service and by a desire to solve our customer’s toughest transportation and supply chain needs. Our team is dedicated to serving our customers and will take the necessary action to deliver our customers’ products safely, efficiently, and on-time. This is our promise to you!
Nationwide Services include:
- FTL (Full Truck Load) Shipping
- LTL (Less Than Truck Load) Shipping
- Transportation of refrigerated, dry and bulk shipments
- 3PL Warehousing and Logistics
- Contract Warehousing
- Trucking Freight Brokerage
Trucking & Freight Shipping Services:
- Time sensitive shipments
- LTL (Less-Than-Truckload)
- FTL (Full Truckload)
- Flatbed LTLRGN (removable goose neck lowboy)
- RGN (removable goose neck lowboy)
- Maxi’s / A-Train / B-Train
- Heavy Haul
- Over Dimensional
- Dry Van
- Dry Van LTL
- Refrigerated LTL
- Power Only
- Our sister companies can also provide warehousing in our food grade facilities, cross-docking, and contract warehousing.