Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year – it’s also the busiest time of year for the U.S. Postal Service, and other mail delivery services. Across the world, people rely on shipping companies to help them spread holiday cheer to their loved ones. If you’re one of the billions of people who will be sending packages to dear ones both far and wide, there’s no doubt that you want to make sure that they arrive in a timely manner. Being that it’s such a hectic time of the year, however, time can get away from you really fast. Don’t forget to send out your gifts to long-distance friends and family. Below, we outline the last day to send out packages so they arrive before Christmas.
What is the Last Day to Send Packages for Christmas?
Rather than running the risk of getting stuck like a deer in headlights, planning holiday gift delivery ahead is a must. When it comes to sending out holiday packages, that means knowing the last day you can send out packages with enough time to ensure they’ll be under your loved ones’ trees on Christmas morning. Pull out a calendar and a pen and take note of the holiday deadlines for the biggest shipping companies in the U.S.
How Retailers Prepare for Peak Shipping During the Holiday Season
While our main focus is holiday shipping deadlines for consumers, first, we feel it’s a good idea for shoppers to somewhat familiarize themselves with how retailers prep for peak shipping during the Christmas season. If consumers intend on shipping gifts to their loved ones directly from retailers, this info can be used to help them determine who to shop with and when to complete their purchases.
The following are some of the things that retailers do to prepare for peak holiday shipping:
- Use data to forecast demand and plan ahead
- Give consumers a heads-up regarding carrier shipping deadlines
- Join forces with 3PL companies
- Scale-up customer service
- Use and stay in contact with multiple shipping carriers
- Implement advanced supply chain technologies
- Stock up and store excess inventory and shipping materials
Christmas Delivery Deadlines for Top Shipping Carriers
Below, you’ll find the last day you can ship out packages for delivery before Christmas with the most popular carriers.
- Retail Ground and First Class Mail – December 17th, 2022
- Priority Mail – December 19th, 2022
- Priority Mail Express – December 23rd, 2022
- Ground (check with your local carrier at ups.com/ctc)
- 3-Day Select – December 19th, 2022
- 2nd Day Air – December 21st, 2022
- Next Day Air – December 22nd, 2022
- Ground Economy – December 8th, 2022
- Ground and Home Delivery – December 14th, 2022
- Express Saver – December 20th, 2022
- 2-Day Services – December 21st, 2022
- Same Day – December 23rd, 2022
Saturday Delivery is Imperative
In 2022, December 25th falls on a Sunday. Express, day-guaranteed services, and Saturday delivery may be used for shipping companies offering those services. However, consumers will pay an additional fee for 2-Day and Next-Day Saturday delivery. Keep this in mind when you’re shopping for Christmas gifts to send to friends and family this year.
The Junction LLC | Truckload Shipping
As a leader in the transportation industry, we demand excellence from our entire team. Our team at The Junction LLC strives to deliver the best possible customer service and by a desire to solve our customer’s toughest transportation and supply chain needs.
Our team is dedicated to serving our customers and will take the necessary action to deliver our customers’ products safely, efficiently, and on time. In fact, this is our promise to you!
Nationwide Services include:
- FTL (Full Truck Load) Shipping
- LTL (Less Than Truck Load) Shipping
- Transportation of refrigerated, dry, and bulk shipments
- 3PL Warehousing and Logistics
- Contract Warehousing
- Trucking Freight Brokerage
Trucking & Freight Shipping Services:
- Time-sensitive shipments
- LTL (Less-Than-Truckload)
- FTL (Full Truckload)
- Flatbed LTLRGN (removable gooseneck lowboy)
- RGN (removable gooseneck lowboy)
- Maxi’s / A-Train / B-Train
- Heavy Haul
- Over Dimensional
- Dry Van
- Dry Van LTL
- Refrigerated LTL
- Power Only
- Our sister companies can also provide warehousing in our food-grade facilities, cross-docking, and contract warehousing.